- Raw turkey berry- 1/4 cup
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard-1 tsp
- Onion- 1, chopped
- Garlic pods -4
- Curry leaves- few
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Curry chilli powder-2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder-1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Tamarind- very small lemon size
- Salt to taste
1. Clean the berry and remove the stalk.crush break the berry with heavy substance,by doing so we reduce the bitterness of it.
2.soak tamarind in water and extract juice.Grind coconut to fine paste with some water.( I usually add dry masala powder while grinding coconut for fine paste).
3.Heat oil in a pan.add in mustard seeds, onion,garlic,curry leaves & tomato one by one.saute well.
4.Add the crushed raw berry followed by masala paste, dry powder,salt and tamarind juice.add water level.
5.Wait for it to boil and thicken to the consistency needed.
Switch off and serve for rice with your favourite side dish.