Beetroot pachadi with step by step pictures.
A simple and comforting pachadi made with beetroot, coconut -spice mix , curd. It one of a recipe in Kerala onam sadya with its attracting color this pachadi tastes yummy.
Preparation time: 5mins
Recipe type: Side dish
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Beetroot- 1 big (cut into small cubes)
- coconut(grated)- 2 to 3 tsp
- green chilli-1
- jeera- 1 tsp
- turmeric- 1tsp
- garlic pod-1
- salt- to taste
- curd- 1/4 cup
- red chilly
- curry leaves
1.grind coconut with jeera.turmeric, ,garlic, chili in a coarse form.
2. Peel and chop beetroot into cubes.
3. cook beetroot with little water, it should not be mushy.
3.Add the ground paste &salt to it , mix well and cook for 2 min. Remove from flame.
4.After it gets cool add curd |& mix well.
5. Then temper with mustard& curry leaf, add to it.
6..Pachadi is ready.
pictures updated on23/08/2018.