Pav bhaji with step by step pictures.
This is one recipe I learnt after coming to this blogging world. On seeing fellow bloggers making mouth-watering pav bhaji I got remembered of this when I first tasted it in Mumbai some 20 years back. Now I tried my own version of cooking the vegetables in a pressure cooker and mashing it. THen adding it to the sauteed onion tomato masala along with spices and thickening it. The Everest pav bhaji masala does the magic in this recipe. Sometimes I make this with leftover veggies along with some legumes to make it nutritious. Here I have black-eyed peas.
Let us see how to make my version of it.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time:20 mins
Type: Chaat, side dish
Mixed veggies- 2 cups( carrot, cauliflower, beans, potato, green peas)
Oil/butter- 2 tbsp
Everest pav bhaji masala-2 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Cowpeas- 1/4 cup soaked(optional)
Salt to taste
Onion-1 , big
Ginger- 1 inch piece
Garlic -5 pods
1. Grind onion, tomato, ginger and garlic.
2. Pressure cook all the veggies and legumes in a pressure cooker with little water. Open and mash it up.
3. Heat butter/oil in a pan. Add ground paste, saute till raw smell goes.
4. Then add the mashed vegetables along with the water.
5. Add all spice powders, salt and cook till it becomes semi thick. Switch off.
6. Serve with finely chopped onion on top with squeezed lemon over it.
quick & yummm recipe..ReplyDelete
Delicious pav bhaji recipe Love it.ReplyDelete
Have been to your space for the 1st time n now will be a regular visitor :) Enjoyed reading yummy recipes here...
Visit me @ 'Cooking with SJ' (www.cookingwithsj.com)
Happy to connect!!!