As I have said earlier I love gardening,but no way for me in apartments,but I try to do some planting here.This leaves too I grow in my apartments.I pray that in future I must have an individual house so that I can have my own garden.
This methi leaves is rich in antioxidant,iron and good source of fibre,its diabetic friendly too.Try to use it once a week.If you don't get this leaves ,try to sow some methi seeds in any container ,it will surely grow.
- 1 cup of Wheat flour
- 1/2 - 1 cup of Methi leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of turmeric powder(optional)
- 1 tsp jeera
- Cut the roots from the stem ,clean it well and coarsely chop it.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour,chopped leaves,red chilli powder,turmeric powder,salt,jeera and oil.
- Add water little by little and make it to a soft non sticky dough.
- Take a lemon size of it and roll it using the rolling pin.
5. Heat a tawa,put the rolled roti and cook on both side.If needed sprinkle few drops of oil over it.
1.You can sauté the leaves in oil for a while and then add to the flour ,it reduce the bitterness little.
Sending this to event at aathidhyam,vimitha's space,viji's soul food event,event at preethi's space @ pramitha's blog
Methi roti looks fantastic!! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for linking with my event “Foodabulous Fest –April Month Series”
I love this roti with methi flavour..ReplyDelete
if you did this in aprtment, i can't imagine if you have nice backyard what you can do . love it.ReplyDelete