Hello everyone today I just blog about the dish I got from Homely food ,this is such an easy and yummy side dish for roti.Will there be anyone who hat potatoes I guess no one will be.Meenu aunt made it with baby potatoes but I just used regular one.Potatoes with green peas doesn't sound good ,try it and enjoy.
Recipe source: Homely food
- 2 or 3 potatoes
- 1\2 cup green peas( fresh or frozen)
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 or 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1\4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1\2 tsp. red chilly powder
- 1\2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1\4 tsp. garam masala
- 1\2 tsp. jeera/cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- few cashew (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Milk to grind cashew(optional)
cilantro to garnish
1.Cut onion, tomatoes and chop green chillies.
2.Heat oil in a pan, add jeera followed by onion and saute for some time, then add green chilly, ginger garlic paste and saute for a while.
3.Add tomatoes and mash well, add all powders and mix well till the raw smell goes, then add green peas and cubed potatoes to it.
4.Saute for some time and add required water for it to cook, check for salt and add if needed.
5. To make it little rich I ground some cashew with milk and added in to it when the veggies are 3\4 cooked.(its optional)
6.Garnish with coriander/cilantro leaves.
Linking to event at Homely food