Pineapple Kesari with step by step pictures.
Kesari is one of the easiest sweet one can make very quickly. whenever we carve for some sweet my daughter would say to make this we would love it. Together with pineapple, this Kesari tastes yum. If you are a pineapple lover then I'm damn sure you will love this.
Preparation time-10 mins
cooking time-20 mins
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe Type: Dessert/sweet
- Semolina/Rava-1\2 cup
- Pineapple, finely chopped-1\2 cup
- Sugar-3\4 cup
- Water-2 cups
- Broken Cashew nuts- 2 tsp
- Ghee -2 tsp
- Yellow food color-a pinch(optional)
- Pineapple essence-few drops
- Cardamon powder-1\2 tsp
1. Heat ghee in a pan, roast the cashew till golden brown and remove for it. And in the same roast the rava well. Be careful not to burn it. Transfer it to a plate.
2. In the same pan add water, pineapple pieces, yellow food color & bring to boil.
3. Once it boils reduce the flame, slowly add the roasted rava and stir continuously to avoid lumps. If any lumps form break it. Stir well it its cooked.
4. When cooked, add the sugar and mix well. It will become watery due too the sugar added. Add the cardamom powder, essence and mix well.
5.Keep stirring till it leaves the sides of the pan.
Garnish with roasted cashew and serve hot.
1. Instead of adding pieces you can even make puree /pulse it and add.
Picture updated on 15/5/2019.