Restaurant type Chilli Chicken with step by step pictures.Sunday lunch would always be a treat in our home which would be either chicken, beef or sometimes mutton. Since my kids prefer chicken the most, it will be our Sunday lunch mostly. During summer vacation, My daughter ordered not to make regular chicken curry for lunch in one Sunday. I always see that I fulfill their wish and so searched ideas for it and ended in this chilly chicken.I paired it with carrot fried rice and the combo was a super-duper hit.
Making this restaurant-style chicken is so easy just marinate the chicken in advance fry in oil, prepare sauce add in the fried piece , saute and serve.
Preparation time:15 mins
cooking time: under 30 mins
Recipe cuisine: Indian/Chinese
Recipe type: main dish
Chicken breast-1\4 kg
- Maida/flour-1\4 cup
- corn flour- 2 tbsp
- soy sauce-1 tbsp
- red chilly powder- 1 tsp
- ginger garlic paste-1\2 tsp
- salt- to taste
- oil- to fry
- oil- 1 tbsp
- onion-1,finely chopped
- green chilly- 1 or 2 slited
- garlic- 12 to 15,chopped
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp
- soy sauce- 2 tsp
- green chilly sauce-2 tsp
- corn flour- 1 tsp
A quick video
1. Clean the chicken well, Cut into medium-sized pieces.
2.In a mixing bowl add in all ingredients except oil listed in " to marinate" .Add very little water and make a paste of it.
3.Add the chicken pieces into it and let it marinate for some time.Heat oil in a pan and fry these pieces.
4. Heat another pan with oil. Add in chopped onion, green chilly and garlic. Saute it well. Then add in thinly sliced bell pepper.
5. Add in all three sauces and mix well. check for salt and add only if needed. Dunk in the fried chicken pieces and toss it well.
6. Mix cornflour in little water and add it in the last stage and mix well. This will give a shiny/glossy appearance to the dish.
Serve hot as a side for any fried rice or Indian flatbread.
1.In the sauce preparation after adding all three sauces, check for salt and as all sauces will have salt in it.
2.You can use any color capsicum.
my favorite chilli chickenReplyDelete
Yummy chilli chicken... I am drooling here..ReplyDelete
your chili chicken looks delicious.ReplyDelete
awesome and yet easy home-made chicken recipeReplyDelete