Jackfruit appam with step by step pictures. This is chef Venkatesh Bhatt's recipe which he taught in Vijay Tv's " Samayal Samayal".I love watching his program due to the simplicity of the recipe.
Some long backs may be years before I remember making this sweet appam with oats but here rice is soaked and ground into a fine paste with jaggery, jackfruit and then deep fried.
- Raw rice-1 cup
- Jackfruit- 4 or 5 pieces, chopped
- Jaggery-1\2 cup
- Coconut pieces-1\3 cup
- Cardamon-2, slightly crushed
- cooking soda-1\2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder-1\2 tsp
- Oil- to deep fry.
1. Soak rice for 2 hours.
2. In a mixer add soaked rice, coconut pieces, chopped jackfruit, jaggery, cardamom and grind it to a fine paste. (Sprinkle little water if needed).
3. Transfer it to a bowl, add cooking soda, ginger powder and mix well. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Scoop a tbsp of the batter into the hot oil and fry on both sides till it becomes golden brown. Do the same for all batter.
5.When done remove from oil. Serve as an evening snack.