White pumpkin halwa with step by step pictures.
Poosanikai halwa is also called as Kasi halwa and I don't know why they call so. The main ingredients in this halwa are grated pumpkin, sugar, and ghee. I have used natural organic sugar instead of white sugar. But you can use regular sugar if you don't have it. In both cases, it will taste good.
Some other pumpkin recipes
White pumpkin juice
White pumpkin mor kuzhambu
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: under 30mins
Recipe category: Sweet
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Makes: a small bowl
- Grated white pumpkin- 1\2 cup
- Organic natural sweetener-1\3 -1\2 cup
- Ghee-2 tbsp
- Cardamom-2, crushed
- Cashew nuts- few
1. Wash and peel off the thick outer skin. Cut the inner seed part. Discard all cut portions. Grate the remaining part. Squeeze out excess water from the grated one. Use it in buttermilk.
2. In a pan heat 1 tbsp ghee, fry cashew nuts and take it away. In the same pan add the grated and fry for some time till the raw smell vanishes.
3. Then add the sweetener and keep mixing. Add ghee in between.
4.CRush cardamom and add to it.
5.When it leaves the sides of the switch off and add the ghee fried cashew.
Tasty and yummy halwa is ready.