Healthy vanilla cupcakes with unprocessed cane sugar. As many know white sugar is not good for health I have seen many people are changing to other sweeteners in the place of white sugar. So when I made this cupcake with unprocessed cane sugar I clicked and so blogging.
Unprocessed cane sugar known as nattu sarkarai in Tamil is easily available in all departmental stores nowadays. Unlike white sugar, it will be brown in color with not much sweet as white sugar. Health conscious, weight watcher and an even diabetic person can use it in minimal quantity.
Preparation time:10mins| Baking time: 15 mins | Yields : 6 cupcakes
Author: Babitha costa | Recipe Type : Dessert
- Apf/ Maida- 1cup
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Cane sugar-1\3 cup
- Honey-2 tbsp
- Oil/melted butter-1\3 cup
- Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Milk-1\4 cup
- Choco chips- for topping
How to make:
1.Mix flour with baking powder.
2. Beat oil/melted butter with cane sugar till sugar dissolves. crack the egg, add and mix it well. add vanilla essence, honey and mix it well.
3. Slowly fold in flour mix. Add milk in between and make a dropping consistency batter.
4. Scoop the batter in a lined cupcake baking pan. Top it with choc chips.
5. Bake it in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins at 180 deg C.
6. Cool and serve as snack or breakfast.
1. Baking time varies from oven to oven. Keep an eye after 12 mins.
2. Instead of choc chips, you can use any nuts.
3. I added honey just for extra sweetness, but you can avoid it.