Paruppu podi with step by step pictures and video.
The first time I tasted this podi was at a restaurant in pondy bazaar and was amazed by the taste of it with a generous amount of ghee dropped and mixed over it.From then I became a die-hard lover of this paruppu podi and search for this podi when I go to other restaurants. But many hotels don't give this podi in their lunch items.
Let us see how to make it at home with very fewer ingredients.
Preparation time: nill
Cooking time:5 mins
Recipe type: dry powder/ side dish
- Toor dal/splited pigeon yellow dal-1/2 cup
- Red chilly-2
- Pepper-1 Tsp
- Garlic pods-2
- Roasted gram dal/ pottukadalai-1/3 cup
- Salt to taste.
1. In a dry pan add toor dal, chilly, pepper and garlic. Dry roast it well till it becomes crispy.
2. Cool and add to a dry mixer. Add pottukadai, salt and ground it to a fine powder.
3. Cool the powder and store.
Taste heavenly for hot steamed rice with the generous amount of ghee.