Ragi pakora/pakoda with step by step pictures.
Ragi pakoda is a deep fried snack made with ragi flour, onions, and spices. When I came across this page, it explained to add powder of chutney dal & peanuts to make it light and protein-rich. Also without this two ingredients, the result pakoda will be hard and gummy. So if planning to make this snacks try adding these two or at least anyone.
Preparation time:10 mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Recipe type: snacks
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Ragi flour- 1 cup
- Peanuts-2 tbsp
- Chutney dal-2 tbsp
- Green chilly-1, finely chopped
- Ginger, chopped-1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil- to fry
1.Coarsely powder chutney dal and peanuts in a dry mixer.
2. Finely chop green chilly and ginger.
3. In a mixing bowl add in ragi flour, coarsely powder mix, onions, green chilly, ginger, chopped coriander, salt and mix well.
4. Sprinkle water and make a dough which is well and which is able to make balls.
5. Heat oil and drop balls made of the prepared mix and deep fry it. Repeat the process.
Serve hot as snacks.