Soya kheema sandwich is a healthy sandwich prepared with the masala prepared with mashed, cooked meal maker and spices. It can be served for breakfast or dinner or even for kids lunch box.
Cooking time: 15mins
Recipe type: Breakfast/dinner
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Whole wheat bread
- Butter- to spread on bread
- Soya chunks/meal maker-1 cup
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Green chilly-1
- Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
1. Soak meal maker/soya chunks in water 30mins. Squeeze and clean well in water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Drain water, mash it well.
2.Heat oil in pan, add fennel seeds. Add chopped onion and saute. THen add ginger garlic paste, green chilly. Saute till raw smell goes.
3.THen add chopped tomato and cook. Add in all masala powder, mashed meal maker, salt and mix well.
4.Cover and cook for some time. Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off.
5. Spread mayonnaise a side of a bread and Place the prepared masala over it.Place another slice of a bread over it.
6. Heat a tava with some butter and keep the sandwich on it and cook on both side until it becomes brown.
7. Remove from heat, cut and serve hot.
1. You can use any bread variety.