Bisibelabath with step step picturesEasy one pot sambar sadham that too in a pressure cooker. For weekday lunch, after packing lunch for my kids I mostly end up with any leftover from the previous day or simply have my lunch with curd. It was on a day I was left with nothing and I need to make some dish. For a long time I want to make this sambar sadham aka bisibelabath with millets. On that day, I quickly referred some blog and ended up here to make my lunch. I altered the recipe & ingredients according to me and prepared this flavorful rice.
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Recipe type: Main dish
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Rice- 1/2 cup
- Toor dal-1/3 cup
- Veggies- Carrot, beans
- Sambar powder-2 tsp
- Tamarind-small gooseberry size.
- water- 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Ghee-1 1tbsp
- Mustard-1/2 Tsp
- Cashew nuts- few
1. Soak tamarind and extract juice.
2. In a pressure cooker add cleaned rice, dal, veggies, sambar powder, tamarind juice, salt, coriander leaves, and 3 cups water.
3.Pressure cook for 5 whistles. Switch off and wait for the steam to go by itself.
4.After the steam is released open and mix it well.
5. Heat a pan, with ghee, pop out the mustard, cashew nuts and add to it.
Mix and serve hot.
1. You can add veggies like radish, green peas, sweet potatoes or veggies for your choice.
2. You can also add a small piece of jaggery.