Another easy to make Sundal for this festive season. The overall process for this sundal recipe was just 30mins. So if you haven't soaked any legumes to make Sundal just go for this easy sundal variety. For variations you can add chaat masala, chopped mango init. But here I have made it plain by just adding coconut.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20mins
Recipe type: Snack
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Moong dal-1/3 cup
- Oil-1 Tsp
- Mustard-1/2 Tsp
- Red chilly-1
- curry leaves
- Hing powder-1 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut-2 tbsp
1. Soak dal for 10mins, this is for easy cooking of the dal.
2. Drain water and cook with some fresh water till it is cooked well and retain its shape. Drain water.
3. Heat oil , splutter mustard, red chilly, curry leaves, and hing powder.
4. Then add the drained, cooked dal, salt, and saute for sometime.
5. Add grated coconut and switch off.
Healthy sundal is ready.
1. Don't overcook the dal as it will turn mushy. Mine got slightly overcooked.