Quinoa pradhamam with step by step pictures.
Quinoa is one healthy food which can be had in many forms. It is a super healthy food rich in nutrients. It is low in carbohydrates hence good for weight loss. As festival season is around the corner I decided to make a dessert with it. This payasam is made with quinoa, coconut milk, and jaggery. Coconut milk can be replaced with ordinary cow milk and jaggery with white sugar.
Some other quinoa recipes in my blog are quinoa flour muruku , quinoa curd, quinoa soup, etc.Lets us see how to make this easy dessert.
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 30mins
Recipe category: Dessert/ sweet
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Quinoa-1/3 cup
- Jaggery- 1/3 cup
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Ghee-1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts- few
Instructions with pictures:
1. Clean quinoa well in water and filter in a sieve.
2. Cook the cleaned quinoa with water. I cooked it in open pan.
3. When it is cooked, add coconut milk crushed jaggery and allow it to boil well. Add in cardamom powder.
4. When the mix gets reduced switch off.
5. Fry cashew nuts in ghee and adds to it.
Serve warm or chilled.