Tamarind rice recipe with step by step pictures.
I have seen in many blogs about the tamarind rice in which they add some freshly ground masala powder. But in this recipe, no such fresh masala powder is added and quite easy and simple to make without many processes. Mostly we pack this rice for our long train travel as it never gets spoiled soon unlike other rice. Roasted red chilly-coconut thogayal is the best pair for this rice variety.
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time:10 mins
Recipe Type: Main dish
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Cooked rice
- Tamarind- small lemon sized
- Oil-2 Tsp
- Mustard-1 Tsp
- Red chilly-2
- Urad dal-1/2 Tsp
- Chopped ginger- 2 Tsp
- finely chopped garlic - 2 Tsp
- Curry leaves- few
- Red chilly powder- 2 tsp (adjust)
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Soak tamarind in water and extract juice from it twice. Finely chop ginger and garlic.
2. Heat oil, splutter mustard, urad dal, ginger, garlic, red chilly, curry leaves and saute.
3. THen add the tamarind juice, red chilly powder. tamarind powder, salt and allow it to boil well.
4. When the mix started becoming thick, switch off. Cool it well and you can store this mix.
5. Take cooked rice and add a tbsp of the mix and mix well. Check for salt and add. Add more mix if required.
This rice can be packed for lunch box and is the best travel food.
1. The excess mix can be stored in the refrigerator.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.