Pirandai rasam with step by step picture and video.
After making pirandai thogayal and pirandai idli, now I'm here with another recipe with it. The climate calls for nice hot rasam to be mixed up with rice. Instead of making simple rasam try making this healthy pirandai rasam. I got some ideas from here and made this. The original recipe called to use tender creeper but in the pack, I bought there was no tender one hence used the matured part only.
Cooking time: 10mins
Recipe type: soup/accomplishment
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Pirandai- 2 stalks
- oil-1/2 Tsp
- Tamarind- small berry sized
- Cumin- 1tsp
- peppercorns-1 tsp
- Garlic pods-4
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil-1/2 Tsp
- Mustard-1/2 Tsp
- Hing powder-1/4 Tsp
Video in Tamil.
1. Cut pirandai , remove the thicker veins in the sides. Cut into pieces. Refer my pirandai idli post for detailed cleaning. Soak tamarind in water.
2. Heat oil and saute the cut pieces till it shrinks. This step is essential else it may cause itching in the tongue.
3. First, grind the sauteed pirandai in the mixer. Then add 2 stalks coriander leaves, pepper, garlic, jeera and grind to a coarse paste with little water.
4. Extract tamarind water. Add tomato to it and squeeze it well. Add the ground paste to the tamarind-tomato mix, Dilute the mix with the needed water.
5. Add salt, turmeric powder and keep the mix in flame. Allow it to boil. Then switch off.
6. Temper with the ingredient and add to it. Add some more chopped coriander leaves.
Healthy and tasty pirandai rasam is ready.