Pori urundai with step by step pictures.
Pori urundai is a sweet ball made with puffed rice, jaggery, and cardamom powder. This sweet is usually made for Karthigai deepam festival, which is festival of light, on which people lit hundreds of earthern lamps on the house. When I was a kid I remember our neighbour litting many lamps on the compound wall and we use to enjoy the sight. The best part is they will share kozhukattai with us. One of it would be made with palm leaves and just love it. I want to try that but don't know where I will get that tender palm leaves.
Let us see how to make this easy sweet ball.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Makes: Around 10 balls
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Snack
- Puffed rice/pori- 4 cups
- Jaggery-1 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Rice flour- dusting
1. Measure grated jaggery. Add 1/2 cup water and heat till it melts.
3. Keep the syrup again in the heat. Add cardamom powder and keep stirring till it reached balls consistency.
4. To check balls consistency, add a drop of the syrup in water. If you are able to make balls then that's the correct stage. Switch off.
5. Add it to the puffed rice and mix well. ( be fast). After mixing keep the mix for some time for the heat to reduce a bit.
6. Dust the palm with rice flour and make balls tightly of it.
Pori urundai is ready for snacking or offering for God.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.