Pirandai thogayal with step by step pictures.
After posting sweet dishes for Diwali here I am with a healthy thogayal which can be mixed up with rice or can be served for idli/dosa. If using for idli/dosa slightly make it dilute with some water.Here I have posted two types of making it in which one is with coconut and the other without. For one without coconut I sourced it from here and for other, I tried my own version.
Pirandai/ adamant creeper is a health which has enormous health benefits. Growing this herb is very easy and doesn't need much maintenance. Just keep it in your pot and it will automatically grow.
Check my Pirandai idli post for detailed cleaning procedure. Only the cleaning process is time-consuming and all other procedures are quick.
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe type: Accomplishment/side dish
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Version 1: ( without coconut)
- Pirandai- 1/2 cup ( chopped & cleaned)
- Red chilly-4
- Tamarind- small berry size
- Sesame seeds-1 tbsp
- Urad dal- 1 tbsp
- Ginger a small piece
- Salt to taste
- Oil-2 tsp
1. Cut the veins and side hard part of the creeper. Clean and cut into pieces.
2. Heat a tsp of oil. Add urad dal, sesame seeds , chilly and roast for a while till an aroma comes. Transfer it to a plate.
3. Heat remaining oil and add the chopped pieces. Saute till it shrinks a bit and the color changes.Switch off and cool.
4. In a mixer add all fried items, tamarind, salt, ginger and grind it. Sprinkle little water and grind.
Serve for rice or idli/dosa. We had it with rice.
Version 2: ( without coconut)
- Pirandai- 1/3 cup
- Grated coconut-1/4 cup
- Red chilly- 3 or 4
- Garlic pods-2
- Salt to taste
- oil-1 tsp
- Tamarind- small piece
1. In a tsp oil roast the cleaned pirandai well.( this is necessary else it may cause itching on the tongue).
2. In a mixer add roasted pirandai, chilly and grind first. Then add coconut, garlic, salt and grind to fine paste just by sprinkling water.
Tasty thuvaiyal is ready.
1.Adjust spice level.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.