Ragi murukku with step by step pictures.
Another millet recipe to add to my collection. As I promised in my thinnai adhirasam post, as I"m going to try millet recipes for this Diwali, I am here with the deep-fried snack. Though it s deep fried recipe considering the addition of millet I mention it healthy when compared to other rice flour snacks. Here for binding, I have used besan/kadalai mavoo, but you can also use potukadalai flour.
Lets us see how to make this muruku. You can use any presser in your murukku mold. I used 3 holed press. The murukkus were super tasty, crunchy and addictive.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Recipe type: Snacks
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Ragi flour-1 cup
- Besan flour-1/2 cup
- Rice flour/idiyappam flour-1/3 cup
- Red chilly powder-1 tsp
- Sesame seeds-1 tsp
- Hing powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- for frying + 1 tbsp
Video in Tamil.
1. In a mixing bowl add all ingredients from ragi flour to salt. Add a tbsp of oil.
2. Mix it well. Then slowly add water and knead a soft dough without any crack.
3. Heat oil to fry. Fill the murukku presser with the dough and press it over hot oil in form of murukku.
4. Fry on both side and remove when done.
5. Cool and store.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.