Horsegram idli with step by step pictures.
I already have this horsegram idli recipe in my space which I tried from another blog during my early stage of blogging. The difference between this from that is here urad dal is used, whereas in that recipe dal is not used. As dal is used here you couldn't find any difference from regular idli and I was so satisfied to have fed my family with another healthy idli recipe.
You can find some different variety of idli recipe in my space, check the breakfast label to see more. I didn't use a grinder to ground the batter, just used my mixer to grind it. Soaking time is more kollu/horsegram.
Preparation time: 5& 1/2 hours(including soaking time)
Fermentation time: 8 hours to overnight
Cooking time: 15mins
Recipe type: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Makes: 15-18 idlis
Idli rice-1/2 cup
Urad dal-1/3 cup
Methi seeds-1/4 Tsp
Sal to taste
Instructions with step by step pictures:
1. Clean rice, dal, kollu and soak for 3 hours. Check kollu for stones as it may have small stones.
2. Then drain and first grind urad dal-methi seeds mix and transfer to a container.
3. Then add rice-kollu and fine grind with little water and transfer to the same container.
4. Add salt and mix well. Allow it to ferment for 8 hours.
5. The next morning mix well. Scoop batter in a greased idli plate and steam it till done.
Serve with sambar or any spicy chutney. I served it with onion-tomato chutney.
1. The same batter can be used to make dosa also. Just dilute a bit and make.
Hi Thankyou for sharing this healthy Idli.ReplyDelete
But I don't understand what horse gram grain is.
Is it Chanae/Sholey or is it the dark brown smaller Chana?
I would appreciate a photo of the grain if possible
Thnkyou so much Mrs Singh, Malaysia
It’s called kulith in HindiReplyDelete