Thinnai/Foxtail millet Sweet Paniyaram with step by step pictures.
If you are a regular reader you might know me that I love millets and I try different recipes from sweets to savories with it. I have a big sweet tooth and if the recipe I try is sweet I would immediately try it. On a leave day when children are at home I decided to try this paniyaram for an evening snack, hence soaked the millet in the morning.
Some other millet recipes in my space include ragi halwa, ragi murruku, thinnai adhirasam, thinnai ribbon pakoda, etc. Apart from soaking time this appam can be made immediately and no need to keep for fermentation.
Let us see how to make this easy millet sweet paniyaram.
Preparation time: 15mins
Soaking time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe type: snack/breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Thinnai/Foxtail Millet-1/2 cup
- Rice flour-1/4 cup
- Coconut pieces-1/4 cup
- Brown sugar-1/3 cup (adjust)
- Gry ginger powder(Sukku powder)-1/4 tsp
- Cardamon powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Oil- to make
Instructions with step by step pictures:
1. Clean and soak the millet for 2 hours.
2. Grind to a fine paste with some water. Add sugar, rice flour, coconut pieces, ginger powder, cardamom powder and make a semi thick dropping consistency batter.
3. Heat appe/paniyaram pan with oil. Scoop a tbsp of the batter in each hole and cook. When done flip, rotate and cook on all side.
4. Do the same for all batter.
Serve as a snack.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.