Chicken cutlet/Tikki with step by step pictures.
Chicken Cutlet is a yummy snack /appetizer that every kid would definitely love it. You can use it as an after-school snack or as patties for a burger. I made this for my kids after school snack and served it with mint chutney and tomato sauce. Both my kids loved it to the core. I used chicken breast pieces to make this cutlet but you also boil the usual pieces, remove flesh from it and make. Let us see how to make this easy cutlet.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Snack/appetizer
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Makes: 6 cutlets
- Chicken breast-1
- Onion-1. chopped finely
- Green chilly-1, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Corn flour-2 tsp
- Bread crumbs- to coat( I replaced with crushed corn flakes)
- Oil- to pan fry.
1. Boil potato, peel and mash it well.
2. Same way cook chicken breast with turmeric powder. When done mince it well in a mixer.
3. In to a mixing bowl, add mashed potato, minced chicken, chopped onion. green chilli, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, garam masala powder, salt, and mix well.
4. Add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix well. Make balls out of it.
5. Make a semi thick paste with corn flour and water.
6. Flatten each ball, dip in cornflour -water mix and roll in bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes. Do the same for all balls.
7. Heat oil in tawa and shallow fry the prepared patties. When cooked one side flip and cook the other side.
Serve hot with ketchup and green chutney.