Quinoa sweet Pongal with step by step pictures.
I want to try this quinoa pongal for a long time and it came true last weekend. When I made other breakfast for my kids I ended up making his pongal for me after a long day of craving it. This is so simple and easy to make. Unlike rice which takes more time o cook his quinoa get quickly done.
Some other quinoa recipes in my blog are
Quinoa flour murukku
quinoa flour pancake, etc.
Let us see how to make this easy sweet pongal.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Recipe type: sweet/breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Jaggery-1/4 -1/3 cup
Cardamon powder-1/4 tsp
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Instructions with step by step pictures:1. Wash the quinoa by placing it in the sieve.
2. Cook it in open pan with water. In 10 mins it will be cooked well.
3. Meanwhile, melt jaggery. Filter o remove impurities.
4. Pour his jaggery syrup oyto he cooked quinoa and cook. Add a pinch of salt &cardamom powder.
5. When it becomes hick switch off.
6. Roast cashew in ghee and add to it.
Serve hot or warm.