Watermelon rind dosa with step by step pictures.
Next time when you buy watermelon don't forget to try this easy recipe. I too was not aware of his recipe until I google up when I don' want to waste my watermelon rind. I have already heard many people say about making dal/sambar with the rind. So I too decided to try sambar with it which turned out tasty. With no mind to waste a huge amount of the rind I searched and ended up with this recipe. Many use their own proportion to make the batter. So I too ended up with my own quantity, which gave me super tasty and yummy dosa.
I am sure you all will buy this fruit for summer while buying never waste the rind( the white part between the red and green part.
Preparation time: 2 hours (soaking time)+ 8 hours (fermentation time)+10mins
Cooking time: 5 mins /dosa
Recipe type: breakfast
Recipe Cusine: South Indian
Parboiled rice: 1&1/2 cup
Raw rice-1 cup
Urad dal-1/3 cup
Methi seeds-1/4 Tsp
Watermelon rind-2 cups
Salt to taste
Oil- to make dosa
Instructions with step by step pictures.
1. Clean, soak rice, dal and methi seeds for 2 hours.
2. Add the drained rice mix with rind part and grind it well.
3. Transfer to a bowl, add salt, mix and allow it to ferment.
4. The fermented batter.
5. On a hot dosa pan pour a ladle of batter and make dosa. drizzle oil on sides.
6. Flip and cook the other side.
Serve hot with your favorite chutney or sambar.