Mushroom pie with step by step pictures.This is one best pie I baked and it's a savory pie. I made the pie base with whole wheat /atta flour I made it for one Sunday lunch in January. My kids loved it as it was totally delicious and yummy. I made the stuffing with mushroom but you can make with non-veg.
Let us see how to make this easy pie.
Preparation time: 30mins
Cooking time: 30mins
Recipe type: main course
Makes: 2 pies
Wheat flour-1 & 1/2 cup
Chill water-as needed
Olive oil-2 tbsp
chopped garlic-2 tbsp
Green chill, red chili-1 each
Mushroom-1 packet( 200gms)
mixed Italian herbs/ oregano-2 tsp
Pepper powder-1 Tsp
Salt to taste
Instructions with step by step pictures:
1. In a mixing bowl add flour, chilled butter, salt
2. First mix to resemble like bread crumbs.
3. THen add chilled water and make a soft dough.
1. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute well.
2. Add chopped onion, both chilies and saute.
3. THen add cleaned and chopped mushroom.
4. Add oregano or mixed herbs.
5. Add salt.
7. Make two balls out of the dough. Roll out a ball.
8. Spread the filling into it.
8. Top with grated mozarello cheese.
9. Roll other dough ball and cut into stripes. Make a nested look like below.
10. Brush on top with milk.
11. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C till you see dark spots on top.
Smear butter on top when it is still hot.