Vendakai mor kuzhambu with step by step pictures.
This kuzhambu is simple to make and taste delicious for hot steamed rice. The temperature here in Chennai is soaring high day by day and it becomes unbearable to cook in the heat. So I am opting for quick and easy lunch recipes like curd rice, lemon rice, rasam, etc. This mor curry comes in this category which can be prepared quickly. Here coconut is not used instead soaked dal is used to make the paste. Pair some papad or any fries to have a filling and satisfying meal.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Recipe type: Gravy
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Toor dal-2 tbsp ( soaked for 20 mins)
Ginger- 1 cm piece
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Mustard- to temper
Salt to taste
1. Grind soaked dal, jeera, ginger, green chili, turmeric powder with little water.
2. Whisk the curd well. Add the ground mixture to it. Add salt and mix it well.
3. Clean okra, pat dry well. Cut into pieces of 2cm length.
4. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry these vendakai well. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil in another pan. Pop out the mustard, then add onion, red chilly and curry leaves. Saute.
6. Pour the yogurt mix, fried okra. close and cook till it boils well. Switch off.
Tasty vendakai mor kuzhambu ready to serve for rice.