Wheat Rava idli with step by step pictures.
Wheat rava idli is a healthy breakfast recipe as we have used wheat instead of regular rice. As wheat is used it is very good even for diabetic people and we find this recipe healthy, tasty and filling. I have used regular broken wheat. But you can also use samba wheat. Clean the wheat rava and soak with less water because after soaking we will not throw out the water. We will use the soaked rava together as such to grind. So use very less water for soaking wheat.
Let us see how to make this healthy idli.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Fermentation time: 6-8 hours
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Breakfast/dinner
Makes: 12-15 idlis
Broken wheat- 1 cup
Urad dal-1/3 cup
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Clean broken wheat well in water and soak in very less water. Soak dal+methi seeds and aval.
2. First, grind drained dal, poha. THen add soaked broken wheat along with the water and grind to a batter similar to that of idli batter. Don't add much water. ( I just used my mixer to grind).
3. Transfer to a container. Add salt, mix and allow to ferment.
4. The fermented batter would have risen well. Mix it well.
5. Grease the idli plate and scoop batter into it and steam till done.
6. After cooling for a while with the help of a spoon take out the idli. Do the same for all batter.
Serve hot with sambar or chutney or both.
1. The batter after diluting can make dosa.
2. Don't add more water for soaking the broken wheat.
3. I have used red aval/poha but you can use any variety.