Egg Biryani with step by step pictures.This is one of the simplest and easiest biryani one can make. Even a beginner can make this. There is a little story behind this recipe. One evening my daughter carved for biryani after returning home from college. She was in that carve even the word biryani when she heard made her salivating. She enquired whether I have any meat in the refrigerator. When she found nothing so decided to make this egg biryani and relish it. With little instructions from me, she made it wholly. Even these pictures she took it from her mobile. We had it with onion-curd raitha.
Let me share this simple one-pot biryani.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Main dish
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Basmati rice- 1 cup
Ghee/oil- 2 tbsp
Whole garam masala- cardamom, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf( one each)
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala/biryani masala-1/4 tsp
Mint, coriander leaves- a handful
curd/yogurt- 2 tbsp
Water- 2 cups
Salt to taste
1. Boil egg in water. When done remove the shell and keep aside. make a small slit on it (optional).
2. Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add the whole spices and wait for the flavors to come.
3. Add sliced onion, green chili and saute till onion becomes translucent.
4. Add ginger garlic paste. saute till raw smell goes.
5. Then add chopped tomato, and dry spices one by one and saute.
6. Add curd, mint-coriander leaves, salt,and the cooked egg. Check for salt & spices and add if needed.
7. Add 2 cup water. Cover and wait for it to boil.
8. When the water boils, add the cleaned rice. Cover and cook till done in slow flame.
9. When done 3/4 the keep it in dum above an iron dosa pan.
10. when done switch off and serve hot.