Ragi kara paniyaram with step by step pictures.Ragi/ finger millet is one for the healthiest millet which is very suitable for this summer season. Since it cools our body temperature one should have this millet in any form during summer. I usually make many south Indian breakfast recipe with it and you can check it by searching in the search box. Paniyaram can be made with idli/dosa batter but I want to make a batter especially for this paniyaram. So I decided to try this. Just a cup of millet and 2 tbsp urad dal I used.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 2 hours(include soaking time)
Fermenting time: 6-8 hours.
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Breakfast/dinner
Finger millet/ragi-1 cup
Urad dal- 2 tbsp
Sal to taste.
1. Soak millet and dal for 2 hours.
2. Grind to a fine paste with little water.
3. Add salt to the batter and allow it to ferment.
4. Just before making temper with mustard, onion, and add to the batter. Mix well.
5. Heat paniayaram pan with oil. Scoop batter into each hole and cook. Flip and cook the other side also.
Serve hot with your favorite chutney. I served with spicy onion-tomato chutney.