Corn idiyappam with step by step pictures.
Idiyappam/string hopper is my family favorite recipe. Mostly I prepare this idiyappam for dinner as we can make it more leisurely. You can use any spicy gravy either veg or non-veg to pair up. This string hopper like puttu can be made with all flours. I do have some variety in my blog, check it in the search box. After making yellow corn puttu I decided to make this string hoppers with the flour. You can use only this corn flour or a mix of rice flour with it. I used half cup rice flour.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Recipe type: Breakfast/dinner
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Yellow corn flour-1 cup
Rice flour/idiyappam flour-1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Hot Boiling water.
1. Roast the corn flour for 2-3 minutes. Allow it to cool.
2. Boil water.
3. In a mixing bowl add roasted corn flour, rice flour, salt. Mix well.
4. Slowly add hot water with the help of a ladle and mix.
5. Add till you make a soft non-sticky dough.
6. Fill the idiyappam maker with the dough.
7. Press it into the plate. Do the same for all dough.
8. Steam for 10-12 mins. Remove from the plate.
Serve hot with any gravy or even red chutney tastes best.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.