Raw mango puli kuzhambu with step by step pictures.Summer vacation is over and the school reopens today. With more than 50 days holiday I had a good time with the kids and not a busy morning routine. All good things end and the schedule starts today. Though I didn't cook much today due to water scarcity in our apartment and my head rotates if I think of the hectic days to follow.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Recipe Type: kuzhambu/gravy
Recipe Cuisine: South India
Raw mango -3-4
Oil- 1 tbsp
Mustard- 1 tsp
Methi seeds-1/2 tsp
Kuzlambu chili powder or chilli powder- 2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak tamarind in water and extract 2 cups of juice.
2. Heat oil in a pan( I used an earthenware.)
3. Pop out mustard seeds followed by methi seeds, onion, garlic, curry leaves. Saute well.
4. Then add mango pieces.
5. Add all spice powders, salt.
6. Pour the tamarind juice. check for spice & salt and add if required.
7. Allow it to boil. When it becomes thick switch off.
Tangy mango puli can be served for hot steaming rice.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.