Choco Banana loaf cake with step by step pictures.
Whenever an overripe banana appears in my table counter, the first thought that would come to my mind is to bake a cake. Since I love banana I buy them more and since my kids hate them the banana would overripe soon. I see that I eat them before they are overripe. If something left out I make bread, muffins or unniappam. This recipe is similar to eggless banana bread except for the addition of cocoa powder. Here I have used a mix of wheat & maida but you can use either one of the flour or a combination.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 30-35 mins
Recipe type: Bread/cake
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Makes: a small loaf
Wheat flour-1/2 cup
Cocoa powder- 3tbsp
Curd/yogurt-1/4 cup (adjust)
Baking powder-1 tsp
Vanilla essence-2 tsp
1. Add peeled banana in a mixing bowl. Mash it up well.
2. Add granulated sugar, mix.
3. Add oil and whisk it up well.
4. Add the essence and mix.
5. Add both flour, cocoa flour, baking powder and mix well.
6. Slowly add yogurt/curd.
7. Whisk it to a smooth folding batter.
10. Bake it a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30-35 mins or till done.
Cool, cut and serve.
The loaf looks really delicious and moist... I love banana bakes and even more if it is with chocolate...ReplyDelete