Jaggery cake with step by step pictures.
Jaggery is a simple, addictive cake with less sweetness which goes well with a cup of tea/coffee for breakfast or snack. This cake was so delicious that I couldn't stop with a piece. Since I used wheat flour and maida half and a half it was a bit healthy too. As we have used jaggery even diabetic people can have with a limit.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 30-35 mins
Recipe type: Cake/bread
Makes: a loaf
Wheat flour-1/2 cup
Water-around 1/2 cup(adjust)
Baking powder-1 tsp
Chopped nuts or choco chips
1. Roughly powder the jaggery and measure it. Add it to a mixing bowl
3. Add little water so that the jaggery dissolves well.
4. Add both flours to a sieve.
5. Adding baking powder and sieve well.
6. Mix well. slowly add milk and mix well to form a dropping consistency batter.
7. Add half of the chopped nuts to the batter and fold it.
8. Transfer to a prepared loaf pan. Top with the remaining nuts.
9. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30-35 or till done.
1. Baking time changes from oven to oven.
2. You can also make a syrup with jaggery and add to the batter.
3. You can use choco chips instead of nuts.