Sesame/Ellu rice with step by step pictures.
Sesame is a quick variety rice recipe which just needs a total of 5 mins if you have your cooked plain rice ready. Just dry roast the powder, cool and powder it. Mix the powder to the cooked rice and tempered the rice. That's all your ellu sadam is ready in a jiffy. Sesame is called as Ellu in Tamil. For this recipe, you can use either white or black sesame seeds.
Let us see how to make this quick rice with a small video.
Preparation time: 1 min
Cooking time:5 mins
Recipe type: rice/lunch box
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Sesame seeds-1 tbsp
urad dal- 2 tsp
Red chilly-2 or 3
Salt to taste
Gingelly oil-1 tsp
Quick video of it.
1. Dry roast sesame seeds and transfer.
2. In the same pan roast urad dal & red chilly. Cool.
3. Grind all the above to a powder form with hing & salt.
4. Mix the powder in the cooked rice, Check for salt.
5. Temper with the ingredients and add to it.
Flavorful sesame rice is ready which can also be packed for lunchbox.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.