Chicken momos with step by step pictures.
In my momos chutney post I have mentioned about this chicken momos only. I would say the momos recipe looks somewhat similar to our south Indian kozhukattai recipe. I momos the outer dough is made of maida/flour where in kozhukattai it will be rice flour. In the former we use veggie or non-veg stuffings whereas in kozhukattai we use sweet/savory stuffing and it is mostly used as festive recipe/snack/dessert.
In the recipe momos, I have used flour to make the outer covering but you can also use wheat flour to make it. Let us see in detail
Cooking time: 15mins
Recipe type: snack
Recipe Cuisine: Tibetian, Indian/world
For outer covering:
Maida/flour- 2 cups
Chicken breast-1/4 kg
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Salt to taste
1.Take flour,salt in a bowl.
2. Slowly add water and make a non-sticky dough. Add oil , cover and keep.
3. Take cleaned chicken breast in a mixer.
4. Add onion.
5. Add pepper, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder
12. Seal from the sides to look like this. Do the same for all balls.
13. Steam it in the steamer.
14. Till the outer covering looks shiny.
Serve hot with momos chutney.