Sathu mavoo pidi kozhukatai with step by step pictures.For this festival season try this healthy pidi kozhukatai in alternative to your regular one. You can use either homemade sathu mavoo or store brought. Here I used store brought flour. It just takes nearly 10-15 mins to make this recipe. Dry roast the flour then make a dough with palm jaggery syrup. Make it into the desired shape and steam it.
Let us see how to make this
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time:10 mins
Recipe type: sweet/snack
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Makes: Around 10 kozhukatai.
Sathu mavoo/ health mix powder- 1 cup
Rice flour/idiyappam flour-1/4 cup
Palm jaggery/karupattai-1/2 cup
Cardamon powder-1/2 tsp
Grated coconut- 2 tbsp
1. Dry roast the health mix powder. Switch off and add rice flour into it. Mix well.
3. Add grated coconut, cardamom powder to the flour.
4. Filter the syrup into it and make a soft dough.
5. Take a small portion and press between the finger to a make an impression. Make the same for all dough.
6. Steam it in a steamer/idli pan.
Healthy sathu mavoo kozhukatai is ready.