Vegetable biryani with step by step pictures and video.
Biryani is a one-pot dish which usually prepared for celebration lunch/dinner or weekends. We can make biryani with or without meat. I have shared some non-veg biryani in my blog. You can check them from the typing in the search box on the right side. I often prepare pulao with veggies and this biryani takes place in my kitchen very rarely.
Here I have used carrot, beans, potato, and some soaked black channa. But you can use cauliflower, green peas. Let us see how to make this quick recipe in the cooker which just takes 10 mins.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe type: Main dish/rice
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Water- 2 cup
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Whole spices- cardamom, cinnamon, cloves.
onion-1, big, sliced
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Veggies-1/2 cup ( i used carrot, beans, potato, and some black channa)
Coriander leaves+mint leaves-1/2 cup(loosely packed)
Red chili powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste.
1. Clean rice well and soak for 10 mins.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with ghee and oil. Add the whole spices.
3. Add onion, saute till translucent. add green chili.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste, saute till raw smell goes.
5. Then add tomato and all the veggies.saute.
6. Add spice powders and salt. Saute well.
7. Add yogurt, mint & coriander leaves. saute well.
9.Add drained rice and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
10.After the pressure goes by itself, open it.
11. Tasty vegetable biryani is ready.