Green peas kurma with step by step pictures.Green peas kurma is an excellent side dish for appam/ chapati or idiyappam. The addition of the ground coconut masala paste in the gravy enriches the flavor and taste of this kurma. So please don't skip adding it. This kurma can also be made with fresh green peas. Here I have used dried version hence we need to soak and boil the peas.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Recipe type: side dish
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Ingredients:Green peas-1/3 cup ( I used dried ones)
Oil- 1 tbsp
Cinnamon, cloves, cardamon-1 each
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 &1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut- 1/3 cup
Fennel seeds-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
1. Soak green peas for 6-8 hours. Then clean well with fresh water. Cook it till done.
2. Grind all the ingredients listed under " to grind" to a fine paste with some water.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala and bay leaves. Add chopped onion and saute well.
4. Then add ginger-garlic paste, green chili, coriander leaves, tomato and saute well.
5. Then add the ground paste little water and cook for a while. Add salt.
6. Add the cooked green peas and cook for 3-5 minutes and switch off.
Serve for appam/idiyappam or chapati.
1. Avoid soaking and boiling if using fresh green peas.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.