Caramel popcorn with step by step pictures.
Caramel popcorn is a quick snack that can be prepared in just a few minutes. To make popcorn the popcorn kernels must be of good quality. I had a few bad experiments trying popcorn with the worst kernels. to check if the kernels are good just drop 1-2 kernels in oil and see. If it pops up well then go further else discard that kernels.
Caramel popcorn is prepared by coating the popcorn with hot caramel sauce and letting it dry.Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Recipe type: Snack
Recipe cuisine: Indian
Popcorn kernels-1/2 cup
Butter- 1 tsp
Cooking soda- 1/4 tsp
salt - a pinch
1. Heat oil in Kadai. When hot add popcorn kernels.
2. It will pop out. Close and wait for all the kernels to popout. When the pop-out noise is completely stopped, switch off and open. Your popcorn is ready.
3. Heat sugar in a pan. Wait for it to caramelize well. Add a tsp of butter. Mix well. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Switch off and immediately add sooking soda, It will foam up. Add the prepared popcorn and toss well till the caramel sauce completely coat well.
5. Spread over a plate and dry well. Then store it to retain crispiness.