Drumstick gravy with step by step pictures.
Drumstick gravy is an easy kuzhambu that can be made quickly with minimal ingredients/ This goes well with hot steaming rice and also equally tastes better for idli/dosa. Here I have used coconut for volume. but you can avoid it if you need less quantity.
CAN WE USE OTHER VEGETABLEs
Yes, of course, you can use brinjal, ladies finger. In that case, don't need to cook the vegetable separately.
Hot steaming rice, idli/dosa.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Recipe type: Gravy
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Coconut pieces-1/2 cup
Kuzhambu chili powder- 2 tsp
Red chilly powder-1. tsp ( if you need additional spiciness, else avoid)
Oil- 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Clean the drumstick and cut into 2-inch length. Slit and cut again. Cook the cut piece and keep ready. don't discard water you can use it in gravy.
2. Grind all the ingredients listed under " to grind" to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard, red& green chili, garlic, curry leaves. Saute well.
4. Add the tomato and saute it. Add the ground paste. use the reserved water from the boiling to clean the mixer jar and add it.
5. Add salt and wait for a boil. Add cooked drumstick pieces. Wait for it to get thicken and switch off.
1. Instead of cooking the drumstick separately you can also add in the masala paste and cook. Please make sure it is cooked well before switching off.
2. If you don't have kuzhambu curry powder use red chilly, coriander and turmeric powder.