Toor dal vada with step by step pictures and video.
We all make masala vada with channa dal. For a change, I have made it with Toor dal. We get one kg per month from ration and mostly it won't get over in that month. To get it over I make dosa, vadas with it. I have already shared a dosa recipe and you can check it here.
Let us see how to make this vada.
Preparation time 2&1/2 hours (includes soaking time)
Cooking time: 15mins.
Recipe type: Snacks
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Toor dal- 2 cups
Ginger- 1-inch piece
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil- to deep fry.
Here is a quick video in Tamil
1. Soak Toor dal for 2 hours.
2. First, grind red chili and ginger to a coarse paste. Then drain and add soaked dal. alone. Grind it.
3. Transfer to a bowl. Add chopped onion, jeera, fennel seeds, salt, curry leaves. Mix well.
4. Take a small ball sized. Flatten in your palm and drop into the hot oil.
5. Fry it golden brown on both sides. Do the same for all batter.
Serve hot with/without tomato sauce for evening tea/chai.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.