Channa dal Sundal with step by step pictures and video.
Sundal is usually made during navarathri . Any legumes/dal can be made as sundal. It is a protein-packed dish and healthy. If you are making this during festival avoid garlic or else if you make it on other days you can use 2-3 cloves of garlic while tempering. Channa dal, moong dal. masoor dal, etc all of it can be cooked and made as sundal.
Some other quick sundal recipes:
Moong dal sundal , etc.
Let us see how to make this sundal.
Preparation time: 2-3 hours(includes soaking time)
Cooking time: 30mins
Recipe type: Snack
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Channa dal/kadalai paruppu-1 cup
Ginger, chopped- 1/2 tsp
Hing powder/asafoetida-1/2 tsp
Grated coconut- 2tbsp
Quick video in Tamil.
1. Soak channa dal in water for 2-3 hours.
2. Drain and boil for 15 mins with salt. Drain it.
3. Heat oil. Pop mustard, red chilli, ginger, green chili and curry leaves. Add hing powder.
4. Add cooked dal and mix well.
5. Add grated coconut and switch off.
Tasty channa dal sundal is ready.