Leftover rice murukku with step by step pictures and video.
Murukku/chakli is a common snack quite popular all over India. For any festival, people prepare it at home. Many variety and shapes it can be prepared. It is also available in all departmental stores. Nowadays people try making this murukku in a different way and one such way is this method. If you have any leftover rice try this murukku.
Let us see how to make this.
Preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 15 mins
Recipe type: snacks
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Makes Around 8 murukku.
Cooked rice- 1 cup
roasted gram dal-1/2 cup ( measure & powder it)
red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Hing powder-1/4 tsp
Sesame seeds-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Finely Powder roasted gram dal in a mixer. Transfer it.
2. Grind the cooked rice.
3. In a mixing bowl, add ground rice, powdered dal. chilly powder. salt, hing, sesame seeds and mix well. If sticky add more powdered dal. Lastly, add oil and make a non- sticky dough.
4. Fill the murukku presser with the dough and press over a ladle.
5. Drop it into hot oil and fry on both sides.
6. When done remove from oi. Repeat the same for all dough.
Crispy rice murukku can be munched with hot tea/chai.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting.Drop in your valuable comments.