Sweet rava pongal with step by step picture and video.
Pongal is celebrated on the first day of Tamil month " Thai". It is the harvest festival celebrated in Tamil Nadu.On this day people make pongal with rice both sweet and savory version.For this year I made sweet rava pongal instead of rice.I do have some variety of pongal in my blog, you can check it out.
Let us see how to make this sweet rava pongal.
Preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 30 mins
Recipe type; Breakfast/snack
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Fine rava- 1 cup
Split moong dal-1/3 cup
Jaggery -3/4 cup
Milk- 1/4 cup
1. Roast rava in a tsp of ghee and keep aside.
2. Clean and cook moong dal.
3. When cooked add more 2 cup hot water to it. Slowly add roasted rava with continous stirring.Add crushed cardamon.
4. When the rava is cooked add jaggery or jaggery syrup. Add milk to it.
5. Lastly add ghee roasted cashew nuts and switch off.
Tasty sweet rava pongal is ready.